Navika Kumar – you must have seen or read about her as she is the leading journalist, news anchor, and well-known media personality. She is most famous for political and sensational news about political personalities. Navika is working with Times Now, the number 1 English news channel of India and recently they announced that they will start their new news channel in Hindi as Times Now Navbharat.
You might be interested to know more about who is this Navika Kumar and why such a big news network has announced this lady for the position of Editor-in-chief, this article will help you to get all these answers.
Navika Kumar was born and brought up in an ordinary family of Jharkhand. Her father was a bank manager over there. Her family was very courageous and supportive and help her at every step of her life.
Ms. Kumar is married to Sunil Marwah who is in a reputed position in the management industry. The couple has 2 children – Siddhant Kumar Marwah, Suchet Kumar Marwah. The family is settled in Delhi and leaves together.
Navika was born on 11 March 1978 in a well-to-do family of Sindri, Jharkhand, India. She was raised in her home state Jharkhand. She took her schooling at Carmel School, Digwadih, Jharkhand. From childhood, she was very interested in research and writing of businesses and economy-related issues. So, she had joined the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune, and completed a Master’s of Arts in Political and Economics.
|Full Name||Navika Kumar|
|Age||43 Years (in 2021)|
|Birth Date||11 March 1978|
|Birth Place||Sindri, Jharkhand, India|
|School||Carmel School, Digwadih, Jharkhand|
|College||Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Master’s of Arts in Political and Economics|
|Height (approx)||5’ 4” inches|
|Weight (approx)||58 kg|
|Children||Siddhant Kumar MarwahSuchet Kumar Marwah|
|Profession||Journalist and News Anchor|
|Employer||The Times Group|
|Associated With||Times Network as Group Editor Politics|
|Famous For||The NewshourFrankly Speaking|
|Net Worth||Rs. 143 crores|
While pursuing a master’s degree, Navika has started to take training for research-writing. After the completion of her master’s, she had 2 options – join HDSC bank where her father was working. Secondly, join The Economic Times as a business writer.
Navika has started her career in print media. After that, she had joined the Observer. In 1995, she joined The Indian Express Chandigarh worked there for 6 months before her husband’s transfer to Delhi. She joined Indian Express Delhi. After working for 15 hours with Indian Express, in 2005, she joined Times Network as a senior journalist.
When she joined, the channel Times Now was on the top in English News channels of India. In 2016, Editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami had left to create his own channel and it had been predicted that the channel will be no longer in the race. But, it couldn’t happen because of Navika Kumar, and each year the company has succeeded to get the position in the first two.
BCCL owns Times Network that includes Times Now, ET Now, and Mirror Now. After working for 16 years with the reputed news network, Navika has been promoted for the Group Editor – Politics for TImes Network. So as per position, she can decide the news and views of the political news of any of these news channels. Recently, Times Now has announced their new channel in Hindi – Times Now Navbharat and Navika Kumar as its Editor-in-chief. She will also be very closed to business leads and marketing.
She is the face of Times Now’s 9 pm show – The Newshour. Also, she is the anchor of interviewing show Frankly Speaking in which she questions politicians and celebrities. Navika Kumar is known as the best political and investigative journalist in the country. Also, she is like a brand ambassador of Times Network.
Navika Kumar is always been in limelight because of her investigation and political sensations. Many times her stories had made a change and recognizing the effect on the people.
She is the breakthrough in some of the high-profile scandals in India. Also, many times she has been accused of being biased on the broadcast media.
There are some of the Cases
- ‘Office for Profit’ story led to the resignation of Sonia Gandhi.
- There was also her to expose the Lalit Modi scam.
- She gave some leads for the Common Wealth Games scandal and it led to the exit of Suresh Kalmadi.
- She also revealed the Augusta Chopper scam and Aircel Maxis deal among others.
- In 2018, she interviewed Unno rape case accused Kuldip Singh Singar.
- In 2020, she shows the proof in Sushant Singh Rajput’s murder and drug case against some celebrities.
- Navika is being accused of being pro-BJP. But, she has released that she often gives chance for debate and platform to the members of other political parties but, never accepts except BJP.
- Navika gets Rs. 1 crore per annum as a salary.
- It’s been 30 years since Navika Kumar is in the journalism industry and she is the best to get insights from the Indian political spectrum.
- Navika has been trolled a lot when she said that she has Whatsapp group chats for the Bollywood celebrities drug case.
- Navika was trolled when Navika was smiled at Kangana Ranaut’s jibe on Urmila Matondkar.
- Hansika Minhaj called Navika India’s Nancy Grace. Nancy Grace is an American journalist and legal commentator who has been controversial for her remarks against anyone who disagrees with her.
- Bollywood producers have charged a case against Navika for revealing private details on the news channel.
- Republic TV has complained against Times Now Editor in chief for revealing Whatsapp chat on the show between Republic Owner Arnab Goswami and former CEO of BARC (Broadcast Audience Research Council) – Partho Das Gupta.
- In 2009, a tap video got viral in which senior journalist and anchor of Times Now channel was talking with Nira Radia over a phone call and asking for the details of the internal meeting of BJP.